1. The Journal of Recreation and Tourism Research is a peer reviewed journal principally published online, four times a year.
2. Papers that are submitted to the journal should not be under review at any other journal(s).
3. This is a journal focusing on recreation, tourism, business administration, environmental sciences, parks management, economics, communication and considering articles which are written in English and Turkish.
4. The first page of the manuscript should contain the following information.
- the title of article,
- the name (s) and institutional affiliation (s) of the author (s),
- Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID) for each authors.
- contact information of the corresponding author (s),
- an abstract of max.100 words.
- keywords: (minimum 3-maximum 7)
5. Each submission should contain a Turkish and English abstracts.
6. According to the reviews sent by the referees; manuscripts may be accepted for publication, or corrections, abbreviations and additional notes may be requested, or manuscripts may be rejected. The author (s) will be notified in regards to all these decisions.
7. All manuscripts submitted to the Journal of Recreation and Tourism Research is sent to the referees after the initial review of the editorial board with respect to formatting and content.
8. The total length of any manuscript submitted should be typed in 1,5 space line and single column for text. The font size should be used 12 (typewritten using Times New Roman fonts)
9. Submitted manuscripts must involve at least one or at most three JEL code (Journal of Economic Literature) at two digit level (i.e., Q11). For the JEL codes which should be chosen according to the subject of the manuscript, the JEL list given in the web address of http://www.aeaweb.org/journal/jel_class_system.html can be used.
10. All manuscripts must be submitted in accordance with the style of writing specified in the book of “The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (5th edition), 2001″ which was published by the American Psychological Association (APA) Usually, this material is easily accessible in most of the university libraries and it does contain lots of examples for the text references and writing styles.
11. When quoting a source, one must follow each quotation with a citation of the page number. In-text citation requires using “p.” or “pp.” notation in order to give page information.
12. The responsibility of the articles published in the Journal of Recreation and Tourism Research belongs to the author.
13. Copyright (printed or electronic) belongs to the Journal of Recreation and Tourism Research upon acceptance of the manuscript.
14. The name(s), formal position(s), institutional affiliation(s) and contact details (especially e-mail(s)) of the author(s) etc. must be given to the editor by writing them to the application form that could be reached from the web site as www.jrtr.org
15. Articles should be submitted as Microsoft Word (either with .doc or .docx file extensions) documents
16. Articles should be written according to the following style guidelines:
- Paper size: A4 Top: 2,5 cm; Bottom: 2,5 cm; Left: 2,5 cm; Right: 2,5 cm
17. References should be listed alphabetically at the end of the paper.
18. They should be cross- referenced in the text by using the author’s last name and publication date, and page number in the style of (Kaya, 2001, p.35; Allen and Meyer, 2004, p.233), (McGary et al.,2003,p.55).
Sample references are:
Greenberg, J. and Baron, R. A. (1997). Behavior in Organizations (Sixth Edition). New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
Erdoğan, İ. (1999). İşletme Yönetiminde Örgütsel Davranış. İstanbul: Dönence Basım ve Yayın Hizmetleri.
Rafaeli, A. and Sutton, R. I. (1987). Expression of emotion as part of the work role. Academy of Management Revie. 12 (1), 23-37.
Yavuz, E. ve Tokmak, C. (2009). İşgörenlerin etkileşimci liderlik ve örgütsel bağlılık ile ilgili tutumlarına yönelik bir araştırma. International Journal of Economic and Administrative Studies. 1 (2), 17-35.
World Bank (2005), Private Participation in Infrastructure Project Database, http://ppi.worldbank.org/reports/customQueryAggregate.asp, [Accessed 7.12.2002]
19. Displayed formulae should be numbered consecutively throughout the manuscript as (1), (2) etc., against the right-hand margin of the page.
For Journal of Recreation and Tourism Research, a peer-reviewed journal, the publication of articles plays an essential role in the development of a coherent network of knowledge. It is, therefore, essential that all publishers, editors, authors, and reviewers, in the process of publishing the journals, conduct themselves in accordance with the highest level of professional ethics and standards.
Journal of Recreation and Tourism Research is dedicated to supporting the vast efforts of the editors, the academic contributions of authors, and the respected volunteer work undertaken by reviewers. Journal of Recreation and Tourism Research is also responsible for ensuring that the publication system works smoothly, and that ethical guidelines are applied to assist the editor, author, and reviewer in performing their ethical duties. Hence, Journal of Recreation and Tourism Research is committed to the principles listed by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)
Authors are advised to follow the Author Guidelines in preparing the manuscript before submission.
All submissions are regarded as ready to publish and already proofread by the author himself or herself.
Articles will be initially be pre-examined by the editorial board before submitting to the Editorial Board. After the evaluation of the Editorial Board, the submissions will be sent to at least one anonymous peer reviewer, who is (are) determined by the board. In case of approval, rejection or proposed amendments, the contributor(s) will be informed (generally via e-mail) in adequate detail and provided with a copy of reviewer’s report. Whenever needed or necessary, a reviewed and amended submission may be sent to a second reviewer.
If the paper is accepted for publication, author(s) will be asked to pay 150TL as article publication fee in order to contribute to operating costs.
The payment method will be notified by the editor after the acceptance of the paper.
Note: It’s not applied the authors who submitted before 1 JAN 18